Monday, April 30, 2012

Conversations. And A Reason.

Yesterday my darling husband dropped me off at the Ulta Benefit Brow Bar by our house so that I could get my complimentary birthday eyebrow shaping. 


I had made the appointment for 1:20 in the afternoon, then we got caught up in eating breakfast and finding Milo a Club Penguin toy...
I was late. So by the time I made it into the store, the eyebrow lady had taken a walk in. Totally understandable. I expected it. 


So I hovered around, looking at the Benefit products (none of which I can afford currently, haha). I've liked them for years and it was nice to be un-rushed and able to swatch some things I'd wanted to try. This also gave me an opportunity to overhear the conversation going on between the aesthetician and her client. 


I wasn't eavesdropping...we were in the same space and I really couldn't help but hear what the two women were saying. 


From what I could surmise, Client Lady had some sort of recurring health problem. She mentioned the Mayo clinic and many doctor's visits. Aesthetician Lady (an older woman) was sympathetic, empathetic and kept saying how CL was an inspiration.


I didn't listen any more closely than that. They obviously shared some sort of moment. I watched as the two women hugged each other and exchanged business cards. 


Understandably, I was curious about what type of conversation AL and I would have. Women generally talk to me about being pregnant, and men rarely talk to me at all unless they have to (i.e., I am at work). This woman was around my grandmother's age, so really...anything could've happened. I wondered how 'deep' the conversation would get. If she would mention her prior client. If she would seem sad or wistful. 


Our conversation went as many of the type do...we chatted about skincare, family, eyebrows, eyelashes...the type of thing a woman chats with her stylist/aesthetician about. 


It was the total opposite of AL's prior conversation. 


This is one of the reasons I really want to attend cosmetology school in the future. I want to be able to have such varied and interesting interactions with people. 
Plus...the beauty business is recession-proof and I think I could make a lot of money there. I wouldn't have to work retail OR wait tables!!







No comments:

Post a Comment