Thursday, May 4, 2017

Good Morning

It is 7:17 on the morning of May 4th. May the 4th be with you. I guess. I think that's weird. Lispy. Sort of funny.

look at me exercising my brain by typing sentences.

I've been reading a LOT of Shirley Jackson lately. Margaret Atwood too. Jackson's short stories are a treasure to be found. One Ordinary Day, With Peanuts is my favorite. 

The last book I read was The Blind Assassin by Atwood. She included several passages that brought me to tears with recognition. I highly recommend and will share once I find the page I gently dogeared.

(call to the eldest child to make sure he is dressed for the day. turn on the sound of my phone for the youngest child. minor interruptions. )

We have been on a purge. of junk, things accumulated over the years. We have recently had our hardwood floors refinished, and more hardwood installed. It is glorious. Dark stain.

We have recently been gifted a generous amount of home goods from my outstanding in-laws. Pottery Barn outlet wins every time. My mother in law is better at finding deals than yours is.

Place a rug. Water the plants. Sweep the floor. Dishes in the dishwasher. Wipe the counter. Read a book. Watch RuPaul's Drag Race. Bake cookies. Make dinner. Be creative.


This is what I have. I made these sentences. And the only person who can in-make them is me.






No comments:

Post a Comment