Friday, April 22, 2011

They Might Have Something and Puddle Jumping

Some folks have been going on about Mercury being in retrograde.
Now, I believe not everything I read; HOWEVER I do think that planets and heavenly bodies have some effect on our little lives down here on our dirtball. 
No, I don't believe in astrology as a way to tell the future or how your day will pan out. 
BUT...this planet is in retrograde in my sign (aries...yeah). And , unless God has decided to test me, this is the only explanation. 
But...as a wise woman once told me...it takes intense pressure and heat to make a lump of coal into a diamond, and this is what God wants us to be. 


Until I get some photos from my birthday, I am going to just say this quickly:


HOLY MOTHER OF CRAP I AM NOW THE PROUD OWNER OF A KIWI GREEN LE CREUSET DUTCH OVEN!!!!!!!!
I have lusted after one of these ever since I saw one. Nigella has one. My mother told me yesterday that Marilyn Monroe had one. 
So I'm in good company. 
My delightful MIL gave it as a birthday gift. I am thrilled beyond belief. On that same note, I'd like to give my in-laws a shout-out. I really lucked out with them. 
They are always willing to watch Milo and have been beyond generous to us. I am grateful for them every day. 
And now it is time for me to start the nine million loads of laundry I am supposed to do today.
Edited to add these photos of Milo and my feet jumping in some puddles on one of the million rainy days we've had recently. 
AH, SPRING:






No comments:

Post a Comment