Friday, May 27, 2011

Alive.

It started at about 7:30 on Wednesday night. I was working and had gotten a snack from a certain alliterative pretzel place in the mall. The sweet mustard was expired, so I didn't eat it, and wasn't interested in returning it. The pretzel, however was fine. 
Or so I thought. 
Immediately after eating it I started having stomach cramps. thinking I had just not chewed enough, I set my jaw and finished the night. When I got home, I went straight to bed. 
Then it began. I'll spare you details. Let's just say it was awful. 2:45 in the morning saw me weak and praying for relief.  I still don't know if it was the pretzel or a 24-hour bug; either way I was out of commission all day yesterday. 
My amazing heroic manly darling husband stayed home from work to take care of Milo and I while I slept away the day. He also washed out the bucket (oh yeah there was a bucket) and all the bed linens.
He even went to store during Milo's naptime and got Redbox movies for the evening and special dinners for the guys (because all I could have were saltines). I really wish he were here so I could hug him. I'm lucky to have him. 
Anyways...we watched Gnomeo and Juliet (WAY MORE AWESOME THAN I THOUGHT!!!! RENEWED MY LOVE FOR ELTON JOHN!!!) and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. 
Best Harry Potter movie yet. I haven't read the books and never really got all crazy into the phenomenon; and I keep insisting that I've not seen all the films yet (Mr. Smith thinks I'm nuts), but this movie was AMAZING. The animated sequence about the three brothers was one of the most impressive things I have ever seen. 
And that is all.
Have a GOOD day. This weekend I am going to spend some time with my bestie for her birthday. If I only had the means to shower her with spa treatments and gifts...
But I think that feeling goes for all my loved ones. 
*little green smiley*

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for such an awesome day yesterday! I had so much fun! PS- I'd take a day like that with you over spa treatments and gifts anytime!

    ReplyDelete