Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Gargantuan

Today I am quite grateful that I have medical insurance and that I live in an age in which I have options. 


I don't think I've ever told my son's birth story here...don't worry, I won't. I'll sum up. 


He was gargantuan. I REALLY tried to have him come out naturally.
It wasn't happening. The docs had to go get him. Which was fine. 


Now I am gestating my second child. Yesterday I went for my growth ultrasound at 30 weeks. 


I wish I had a photo of the doctor's face when she told me the size. 


The child inside me is currently growing 2-3 weeks ahead of schedule. (and yes, I am like 95% sure of my dates as far as due date calculation goes)


4.8 pounds. SHIT man. I mean, that's great! Big babies don't seem fragile! They have really cute roundness! Chubby cheeks! Pudgy tummies! yay!


I truly am grateful to have a healthy baby. I am GOBSMACKED that this one is going to be another gargantuan one. My theory with the first baby was that his size was partly due my my ingestion of Hostess cupcakes, ramen , McDonald's breakfasts, Oreos. So with this one I haven't really (REALLY) given myself over completely to temptation (just kind of...I mean, when ELSE do I get to eat whatever I want?). 


Apparently genetics has other plans for me. 


I don't think I have ever been more happy to hear these words: 
"We can do the c-section a week before your due date. We don't want you to go into labor."


WHOO HOO. 


My MD also moved my due date up a week, so I now have TWO weeks LESS to be pregnant than I thought! 


WHOO HOO!


July tenth sound good? I like that date. 



1 comment:

  1. I like July 10th, too! I can't wait to meet the new Smith!

    ReplyDelete