Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Mornings,

I sit here at my Mac and read about the more exciting lives of other people. My friend in Berlin, a stranger in Utah, crafty women in other states, fashion-y girls in Texas. Women with farms and multiple kids and clean houses. 


And I wonder what the heck I am going to do today. I know that I will change more than one loaded diaper. I will load and unload the dishwasher. I will play cars with Milo. I will make food that he will not eat. 


I know that the day will fill itself up-days have the tendency to do that when you spend them with a two-year-old boy. 
But in the morning alone, playing the voyeur to lives that seem more exciting than mine, the hours ahead seem vast. 
Will I exercise today? Will I be productive? How many meltdowns will Milo have? Can I handle it? Can I find time to finish a project?


I will. I can. I am. 



No comments:

Post a Comment