Monday, May 10, 2010

Ruminations

This life I have now is one that I never expected to have. But now that I think about it, it might be the exact life I am SUPPOSED to have. 


If I had told my 24-year old self that in the next five years, I would be a mom, a wife AND a Lush employee...I would have called me a big fat liar. 


Sometimes I wonder what my life would have been like had I not had a baby. If I had gone to college right after high school. If I had told Mr. Smith that I would NOT be his girlfriend. 


I never really knew what I wanted to be when I grew up. I suppose now I am grown, and I still don't know. I do have a clearer picture of what I am SUPPOSED to be. 


We are not just aimless entities floating around the universe. I have always believed this.  We have a path. And underneath all my grumbling and sighing and complaining, I know what mine is. 


And it is SUCH a very different path than what came before it that I still have a hard time coming to terms with it. 


So, to all the moms whose lives took a different path than they expected, I wish you a belated, happy, contented Mothers' Day. 


Namaste, b*tches. 


****edited to add something here, later in the day...
Someone had commented on this post, and I rejected the comment. (apologies, no intention of rudeness, but it is my blog)
Perhaps I should have left it so that the commenter and I could have discussed how I came across vs how I intended to. 
I might seem a little fatalistic, perhaps my sarcasm comes out that way. 
But I AM happy. I love my life. I know that lots of people would love to be in my situation. But my life is totally different than it was even just five years ago. 


It is not what I expected, but far more than I had ever imagined. 

1 comment:

  1. Imagine your 10 year old self looking at your current life. Or that ever so cranky middle school self for that matter. Now THERE was a challenging individual. Either of of them, and myself for that matter, would probably give this version of you a very high, high five. Life enfolds. Enjoy the ride. You know you are doing what you are supposed to be doing. Nothing fatalistic about that. As to the sarcasm...well, my dear one, that is most likely genetic. I've met your mother.

    ReplyDelete