Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Wisdom

A wise woman told me an analogy yesterday that really struck a chord. 


'If the opposing football team leaves the ball on the 50 yard line, you don't have to pick it up...you can leave the ball right there.'


Now, I don't profess to know a whole lot about football, but my first reaction was (and this may speak more to my emotional state than to my football knowledge) that if the opposing team doesn't have the ball, don't YOU want it?
Like, in the case of a fumble?


Whatever. We weren't talking about football...we were talking about leaving other peoples' issues with the other people. 


Like, there is only so much you can do to fix any relationship. People have their own issues, and generally you cannot fix them. Unless it is your job and you have years of schooling behind you. 


I struggle with this. I have issues. I pray for God to heal the root of my issues, because Satan is strong, and tricky, and an asshole. 


And sometimes it is really hard for me to understand that the problem isn't always ME. 


I don't have to pick up the football. I will deny my urge and leave it there. Because I don't freaking play, and I won't ever. 


This is not some veiled message to anyone. This post is about me, because this is my blog. 


That being said...my homemade deodorant is SO working. The moisturizer, not so much...my skin is still pretty itchy...



1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the sweet encouragement you left on my blog, I'm having a much better morning today. Congratulations on 5 months of pregnancy yourself! I can't wait to hear how your coconut oil experiments go.

    ReplyDelete