Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I Hope

This melts your brain as it did mine:


Tuesday morning on my way to the kid's dentist (see prior entry), I stopped at the library drive-thru to return a book and a DVD. Our library parking lot is usually pretty crowded so I drive extremely cautiously through it. 
As I slowed to make the left-hand turn into the drive-thru lane, I noticed a small red sports car ahead of me with it's hazards on. The car slows, then parks. In the middle of the lot-not in an actual parking space. An elderly gentleman exits the car and proceeds to WALK UP to the DRIVE-THRU lane of the library, book in hand. 
Now, the actual door to the library is approximately 30 feet from the drive-thru lane, and the actual book return in right inside the lobby. 
The elderly gentleman knocks on the window. I see the drawer open. He returns the book and walks back to his car. 


My questions:
Why didn't he park his car in a spot and walk his books in?


Or, more logically: WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T HE JUST DRIVE UP TO THE FREAKING DRIVE UP FREAKING WINDOW????????


Yeah. A brain-melter.


This story brought to you by the insanity that lurks on the edges of my existence. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment