Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Social Networking (a standup routine)

*taps microphone*
'Hey there...anyone out there on...FACEBOOK?'
*lame cheering from audience*
'Hey...how about that? Isn't it superlame to get other peoples' drama shoved down your throat daily? Isn't it so effing FUN to find ALL your ex-boyfriends in ONE PLACE??'
*audience throws fruit at my face, storms the stage, and bludgeons me to almostdeath*


My plan this morning was to post some old old poetry, since I haven't written and NEW stuff in years. But I couldn't find my folder, so I decided to piss and moan about stupid social networking. Schmetworking.


I remember when I first signed up for MySpace. It was wonderful to find old friends, ones I thought I would never speak to again. Then I abandoned it for Facebook. 


And I found (and 'friended') people I was never close with in high school, most of my extended family, my husband, my besties, my idol Rebecca Woolf, and my entire immediate family. 
It was like watching a soap opera unfold, daily. 


This week I have had my fill of THAT. I am taking a break from watching other peoples' drama, struggles and triumphs. My close homies know where to find me if they need me.


As of today, I am 4 1/2 pounds away from my goal weight, so I will be eating just this (scroll down-informal gathering salad) without the yogurt, and doing this with a yoga mat. 
Cute photos of Milo coming tomorrow. Promise. 
Cheers.
-a.

No comments:

Post a Comment