Thursday, October 21, 2010

Gratitude

I learned something today. 
The most frequently repeated command in the Bible is not, 'Obey, for I am the Lord.' It is not, 'Do good works and I will make you holy.'


It is : 'DO NOT BE AFRAID.'
These words resonate so strongly for me. There are so very many things to fear. So very, very many terrifying things in this Earthly world. 


And my God (yours too, if you like) tells YOU, "TAKE COURAGE". 
'There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment.' 1 John 4:18


'...free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death.' Hebrews 2:15


I realize that not all the readers of this blog are Christians. But I am. And I will rest in the fact that God wants me to be brave. How I choose to act has an effect on my destiny. And I will choose to be brave. 


Today, I am grateful to be able to understand something. That the Proverbs 31 woman (and all the Christian women groaned, haha) is a woman of VALOR. Of HEART. Of COURAGE. 
I will not fear. 

1 comment: