Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Days and Days

They slowly blend into each other more quickly than I can imagine. Each one brings new discoveries, new joy, new frustration. 


(I just now realized what I gave up for Lent, but I'm not telling what it is. Because I may have given it up for longer.)


Today will be a day of laundry, DVR-ed television and hair color. I hope. 


The shopping trip with the bestie was wonderful. Funny how now  I appreciate things I would once do on a weekly basis (like...go out to lunch and go shopping for ONLY myself). 


I've been trying to incorporate color and pattern into my wardrobe. For some reason I am generally drawn to black, white and grey. I used to punch up these colors with sassy jewelry, but I've stopped doing that. 


Birthday tunic. To be worn with black AA leggings and tall boots. I don't think my DH likes this one. 
Please ignore my stupid hair. I was wearing a hat. 
I also got a strapless, summery dress to wear as a bathing suit cover-up. I don't wear shorts and have yet to find a general skirt length that does not stumpify, so long light dresses are my go-to for summer. 
Both of those are from Rue 21...a store that made both my bestie and me feel REALLY old. 
I tried on black skinny jeans at the Gap outlet, and LOVED them, but they were still a little out of my price range. Anyone have any suggestions for black skinny jeans under $50?
Bestie and I tried on pretty dresses at the BCBG outlet. I saw a white, ruffly iridescently sequined flapper dress that made me emotional with its beauty. Then I tried it on. 
Ew. 
We were witness to the MOST APPALLING customer service. If you ever go to that store at the outlets in Aurora...expect the worst. Because the sales girls there were aggressive and rude and committed the sales foul of talking sh*t ABOUT other customers TO other customers. 
My goodness. 





No comments:

Post a Comment