Thursday, July 29, 2010

I Love My Grocery Store

It is called Valli Produce, and for those of you in the area, it is on the corner-ish of Roselle and Higgins roads. 
I suppose it is part of a small chain of Italian/other ethnicities stores, as there are a few in the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago. I don't know why I capitalized that. Seemed right at the time. 
Okay, so they always have an amazing selection of produce... 
           freaking LOOK AT THIS
yeah baby, that's red bell peppers at 99 CENTS A POUND, PEOPLE; baby bok choy, leeks, cilantro, green onions, limes at TEN FOR A DOLLAR!!!!
 fresh French baguettes, and their prices on lunch meat CANNOT be beat. The cashiers are ALWAYS friendly. The gorgeous woman who checked me out complimented my hair-she was sweet. The staff looks and sounds mostly Latina. Not as though that matters at ALL, but I've found that they (meaning Mexicans, Ecuadorians, El Salvadorians, et al) are extremely hard working and friendly. 
It is nice to shop in a place where they play opera in the morning and your cashier knows to NOT bag bread and raw chicken together. 
I just...I'm so fond of this place. Just GET THERE BEFORE 9 AM. Seriously, after 9 it is a shithouse in there. I think they made the aisles like one inch too narrow or something. 
So...two posts in one day. I uploaded some other photos and I really like this one:
its pretty blurry but i like Milo's face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment